FINAL SCORE: Sherwood Park Crusaders 3 Lloydminster Bobcats 2
It wasn’t pretty but we’ll take it.
It was a great start for the Crusaders offensively, scoring two minutes into the game with a goal from Alex Rotundo. All four lines were rolling and playing hard, it seemed like the Crusaders were going to light up the lamp tonight. The Cru, however, missed a decent amount of chances in the first. Readman missed a really good chance on the powerplay which honestly could’ve sent the Crusaders on their way. Despite the missed opportunities, a solid period all around for the team.
The second period belonged to Jesse Zaharichuk, he was all over the ice causing the Bobcats a lot of trouble. He was rewarded with an assist on the Cam Reagan power play goal. Not too long before that goal, the Crusaders found their second from Arjun Atwal. Koletrane Wilson found Alex Rotundo which sent them on a three on one with the end product being the Atwal goal. However, Lloydminster countered the Cru’s two goals with two of their own. The first came three minutes into the period than with 22 left, not the way you want to start or finish a period.
Lloydminster came out hard the whole third period where they actually matched their shot count for the game. They were unfortunate not to grab themselves a couple of goals.
The boys have to got to figure out how to close out teams like Lloydminster.
- Jesse Zaharichuk played with plenty of confidence tonight. He really stood out for me in the second period where he set up the Cam Reagan goal. This was the best I have seen Zaharichuk play in a Crusaders uniform.
- Readman was up to his usual tricks gifting two create opportunities for both Younghans and Maltby, but unfortunately, the Cru couldn’t capitalize.
- Yet again, Stafford created a chance for himself on the penalty kill. He fought hard down the boards and managed to get shot off on goal. You can almost guarantee that he’ll do this every night.
- Hot start for the Cru scoring two minutes into the game from Rotundo.
- The Zaharichuk’s and Dykstra line was the best line for the Cru tonight. Excellent performances all over the ice.
- All four lines played solid throughout the whole game.
- Going into the third period, the Cru allowed the Bobcats to only have 11 shots on goal but they still scored two goals. They then let them double their shot count in the third period.
- The Crusaders should’ve closed this game out much much earlier. They let the Bobcats hang around and were lucky they didn’t grab themselves a couple of goals in the third.
- Sometimes, the team can be too casual on the ice. There were a few times in their own zone it just didn’t seem like the guys were on the same page. They got caught behind their own net a few times but luckily for them they managed to bail themselves out.
investigate selsun uk THE TURNING POINT
It was tough to pick out a turning point tonight, it was a pretty close game for all three periods. If I had to give it to somebody the turning point it would go to Alex Rotundo. He got his team off to a hot start which gave his team some momentum over the first two periods.
revitalize speman price UP NEXT
We’ve now hit the Christmas break so the Crusaders won’t be playing now until January 4th. On that date, the Crusaders will be taking on the Grande Prairie Storm right here at the Sherwood Park Arena with puck drop being at 7 pm.